Skip to navigation

Mark Moxon's Software Archaeology and Writing

Contact Me: Guestbook

Jo

Subject: Looking for walking partners!
Posted: 28 Mar 2008 9:23 am

Hey Mark

I've wanted to do this walk for ages, and now I have the opportunity, but I can't find anyone to come with me and I don't want to do it on my own.

I realise this is clutching at straws, but I've put an advert here:

http://www.gumtree.com/london/92/22056491.html

Worth a try, I suppose.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Finding a walking partner
Posted: 31 Mar 2008 8:26 am

Hi Jo.

Yeah, it's worth a try - everything is worth a try! I'm not sure of the best way to find a walking partner, but posting to the right parts of the web is probably the most effective method. You could also try contacting the two LEJOG associations - the Land's End John o'Groats Club and the Land's End John o'Groats Association - whose websites are linked to from my Useful Links page:

www.landsendjohnogroats.info/walking_tips/links.html

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply

Sandra

Subject: Walking Partner Lejog
Posted: 21 Mar 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Mark

Like Jo, I have often thought about doing this walk but wouldn't want to do it on my own. Maybe there could be a site where people could get in touch with others also looking for company to walk Lejog.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Finding walking partners
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Sandra.

That would be handy, but I think the relatively small number of End-to-End walkers looking for partners would make a dedicated site pretty quiet. Instead, there are a few general walking sites where you can ask for walking partners that might fit the bill. Here's a selection:

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/

http://www.walking-connections.co.uk/

http://www.forum.walkingbritain.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

They're worth a go, anyway!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply

kevin

Subject: looking for a walking parters
Posted: 7 Oct 2014 2:39 pm

hi mark.
i am doing the walk(lejog) next year 2015,is there any way i could get in touch with JO or SANDRA...i planned to do the walk by myself,but would love the opportunity,to walk with some one,many thanks mark....

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Walking partners
Posted: 10 Oct 2014 2:53 pm

Hi Kevin.

I'm afraid I don't have any contact details for them, and as they left this message a good five years ago, I would be very surprised if they came back here, so don't get your hopes up!

Worth a go, though, and good luck with your own walk. 😀

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply

jamesjones

Subject: Partner for parts of your walk
Posted: 4 Dec 2014 2:13 pm

If anybody is planning to walk LEJOG next year (2015) then let me know and I'll make an effort to join you for a few days. I'm in the early planning stages for my own LEJOG adventure but probably won't be 2015 due to work commitments. Always interested to talking to others about their own LEJOG. Live in Northumberland so could join anybody between Edinburgh and North Yorkshire.

N.B. Thanks for your site Mark, really useful.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: LEJOG 2015
Posted: 7 Dec 2014 1:48 pm

Hi jamesjones.

My pleasure. It's a bit quiet round here - fewer people seem to be walking LEJOG than a few years ago, for some reason - but if you don't ask, you don't get. 😀

Good luck with your walk, and if you keep a blog or a website, do let me know and I'll add a link to my site. Have fun!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply

Maya Minden

Subject: Lejog 2015
Posted: 22 Dec 2014 9:56 am

Hi mark. I'm planning to walk lejog starting in April, are you still interested in finding a partner for part way? I'm walking just me and my dog so it would be nice to have some company, hopefully our dates match up! Drop me an email at mayaminden@gmail. com
M

(Also anyone else reading this who would be up for having some company feel free to email me)

Post a Reply

Maya Minden

Subject: Lejog 2015
Posted: 22 Dec 2014 9:59 am

**James, sorry not mark 😀

Post a Reply