Contact Me: Guestbook

Martina Yu

Subject: Done the Gunung Rinjani trek
Posted: 29 May 2004 11:40 am

done the
Gunung Rinjani trek.
it is wonderful as you described.
thanks a lot for your introductiom.
think we are going to try your annapurna circuit walk in sept/oct 04. will let u know how we did afterwards. happy trekking!

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: How was it?
Posted: 30 May 2004 6:01 pm

Hi Martina.

Thank you so much for your kind messages. It's always great to hear from fellow explorers!

So, how was Gunung Rinjani? It sounds like you enjoyed yourselves, which is wonderful news. I remember when I did the walk it was absolutely amazing, though there was rather a lot of rubbish in the park. Is there much rubbish there now? I do hope that the park doesn't get too affected by the number of visitors who climb the mountain, as it is such a beautiful place. I would love to hear about your trip.

As for the Annapurna Circuit, it is a wonderful walk, and very different to Rinjani. If you can take your time over the walk, then that's the best piece of advice I can give you; it's a long way, but more importantly the altitude makes every step much more difficult than it would be at sea level, and it's much more pleasant if you can stop and acclimatise at a sensible pace. I saw quite a few people rushing through the walk, and they were finding it a real struggle at times.

Then again, if you can climb Rinjani, the Annapurna walk won't be any problem, and the landscape is amazing. I hope you have a wonderful time; it's a great place to walk.

Anyway, thanks again for your message, and happy walking!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply