Skip to navigation

Mark Moxon's Software Archaeology and Writing

Contact Me: Guestbook

Tom

Subject: I'd love to use some of your material
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 11:09 pm

Hi Mark,
God, it's good to come across something worth reading after hours of trawling the net. I came across "Dogs of Bhagsu" and couldn;t stop laughing. I swear I've seen the same dogs in India.
So I'm an editor of a new site for alternative travel www.roadjunky.com which is basicaly designed to restore the spirit of journeying beyond the consumer-travel hyped by the guidebooks.
I don't need to compliment you on your work as I'm sure you're aware of its quality and I wondered if you'd let us use any of it.
No, we don't pay for submissions right now but in early 2006 we have backers to go into print and then some kind of royalty agreements can be worked out. In the meantime we would obviously credit and link back to your site.
Have a look at the site and see what you think. If you want to get an idea of where I'm coming from you can see my personal site on www.tomthumb.org
And either way, thanks for the laugh,
Cheers,
Tom

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Road Junky
Posted: 25 Jan 2005 1:30 pm

Hi Tom.

Glad you liked the Dogs of Bhagsu - it was certainly fun to write. 😀

Actually, I've stumbled across your personal site before. I tend to trawl the Web every now and then for other travel writers, out of idle curiosity, and I remember your site because there aren't too many musician/travel writer combinations out there. Ever thought of writing a musical about backpacking? 😉

Road Junky looks like a great idea. I'd be more than happy to contribute initially, say, three articles (plus pictures, if you're interested). However, I don't really know what gaps you're trying to fill, and I could do with little direction from the Editor. Do you have any favourite pieces from my site that you'd particularly like for Road Junky?

I'll also need to check the wording of the agreement you make with your writers, particularly with regard to copyright, moral rights, irrevocability of publishing licences and so on. I couldn't find it on the site anywhere.

Let me know and I'm sure we can come to an agreement; I'll be happy to help. I look forward to hearing from you... and if you leave an email address, we can continue this via email, if you like.

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply