Skip to navigation

Mark Moxon's Software Archaeology and Writing

Contact Me: Guestbook

webgypsy

Subject: Thanks!
Posted: 27 Dec 2004 4:13 pm

Just discovered your website inadvertently - what a wealth of information! Very entertaining to read.

Wanted to thank you for sharing all of this for free. Agree completely with your philosophy of supporting your writing habit with the web work, & keeping it fun. I worked for several years as an artist, & found the creativity was getting strangled by the economic issues, ugh. So now I do other work to support my art & travel addictions, & life is good.

But after a brief stint as a restaurant reviewer, I do confess there's a part of me that wishes I could find someone who'd pay me to eat my way through the exotic cuisines of the world (on locale, of course) & write about them...Ah, well, if life were perfect there would be nothing to strive for, eh?

Bon chance,
W

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Thanks too!
Posted: 29 Dec 2004 4:31 pm

Hi webgypsy.

Thanks for the kind words - glad you like the site. You're right, I do like the freedom of being able to say what I want to say, which is something that would be a little more difficult if I was being paid for my writing... but then again if someone came along and offered me a fortune to do what I want, I doubt I'd turn it away on ethical grounds! Not that this is likely to happen, though... 😕

Anyway, thanks for posting, and all the best with the restaurant reviewing!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply